Sunday, September 5, 2010

UNC ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH SAYS BYE BYE!!





UNC Associate head coach John Blake has turned in his resignation less than 24 hours after the loss to LSU last night in Atlanta, Ga. As the probe into many improprieties regarding NC players began the microscope seemed to be getting closer to Blake the more the NCAA pushed the issue. Blake has a very close and what many call, inappropriate, relationship with agent Gary Wichard. 

Blake released the following statement with his resignation “While I have enjoyed my tenure at the University of North Carolina, it has become apparent to me over the course of the past few weeks that my presence has become a distraction to my family and to this great University, too," Blake said. "Consequently, I have determined that it is in the best interests of my family, the University community at large, and the Football Program for me to step down from my position as associate head football coach effective today, September 5, 2010." (COURTESY WRAL)

The story has become the onion of UNC sports as it keeps peeling off layers of stink. The information released so far has been scarce but I'm sure as the probe continues and now that there has been some fallout with the coaching staff we will begin to hear more intimate details of this agent-coach relationship with the players that has caused all the unrest, suspensions and lack of sleep in Chapel Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment