Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Romo Out 6-8 Weeks


Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo has received the good/bad news. After being knocked out of last nights loss against the NY Giants, when Romo was legally hit by DL Michael Boley, he knows the damage. CT scans revealed a fracture of the left clavicle and Romo has been advised that there is a 90% chance that he will not require surgery but he will miss 6-8 weeks on the sidelines. Coach Wade Phillips stated " I thought we had a letdown mentally" after Tony was injured.

After the game last night a solemn Romo said to the press "I didn't feel that it was broken, I just thought it was a bad sprain and I could shake it off. I had a hard time breathing, I tried to move the shoulder and couldn't and I was very lightheaded! When I could breathe again, I felt like since it was my left shoulder I didn't need it to throw the ball and a running play had been called I wanted to get back in there. I am...upset..disappointed.....and frustrated all at the same time especially when the docs told of the preliminary diagnosis."

Dallas, now 1-5, will take the field for the next two months behind veteran Jon Kitna. All that thought the season could be saved, including me, now have to finally throw in the towel and admit that the Cowboys are not going to right the ship and come back and win the NFC East.

No comments:

Post a Comment